World Quality Report 2018-19
The results from the 10th anniversary edition of the World Quality Report are conclusive: 99% of respondents are now using DevOps practices in their organizations.
It appears the focus is no longer on whether to move to DevOps; rather on how to refine their DevOps approach and improve continuously.
World Quality Report 2018-19 Findings:
- Customer satisfaction is front and center – Participants in the WQR reported that ‘Ensure user satisfaction’ is at the top of their QA and testing strategy. This would have been unthinkable ten years ago. But with customer-centered innovation driving digital transformations and the adoption of agile, DevOps, and a move to the Cloud, it is also resetting the expectations for testing.
- Challenges with test environments are holding back quality assurance and software testing efficiencies. A problem further exasperated by industry trends like reduced test cycles and releasing more regularly.
- The skills required for quality assurance and software testing have changed. Adoption of agile and DevOps, as well as technologies such as AI, Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain, all require specific technical expertise, and teams must be prepared to acquire these new skills, whether by training their existing team members, or hiring specialists into the team.
Key Test Environment Insights
Test Environments continues to be a problem for most.
Key Test Environment Challenges Identified in the report include:
- 54% Cost of test environments
- 54% Defects due to test environment misconfiguration
- 38% Lack of test environment booking facilities
- 37% Having to maintain multiple test environment versions
- 34% Lack of visibility on what can’t be tested due to environments
- 31% Lack of right environments being made available on time
Page 36 Test Data & Environments Management.
Use Enov8 to Innovate your Test Environment Management
Enov8 provides a complete platform for addressing organisations “Test Environment” challenges through “Enterprise IT Intelligence”. Providing advanced “out of the box” IT & Test Environment Management, Release Management and Holistic Data Management capabilities.
20DECEMBER, 2021 by Justin Reynolds.How to Manage Test Data in Software Testing. To compete in today’s market, software companies need to create programs that are free of bugs and vulnerabilities. In order to accomplish this, they first need to create test data...
09DECEMBER, 2021 by Justin Reynolds.When it comes down to it, test data is one of the most important components of software development. That’s because test data makes it possible to create applications that align with the exact needs and expectations of today’s...
06DECEMBER, 2021 by Carlos Schults.Today we're here to talk about data regulations and data compliance solutions. Why does all of this matter? HIPAA, GDPR & PCI what is the difference? When it comes to online applications, protecting your users' data is one of...
29NOVEMBER, 2021 by Justin ReynoldsCompanies today are collecting more data than ever and using analytics to influence everything from sales and marketing to research and development. In fact, data is now one of the most valuable assets that a company can own. Yet...
24NOVEMBER, 2021 by Daniel PaesEnhancements on data ingestion made evident the amount of data lost when generating insights. However, without guidance from methodologies like The DataOps Manifesto, some companies are still struggling to blend data pipelines from...
19NOVEMBER, 2021 by Justin ReynoldsOrganizations today are using more data than ever before. Indeed, data is playing a critical role in decision-making for everything from sales and marketing to the production and development of new products and services. There’s no...