World Quality Report 2018-19
by Niall Crawford
World Quality Report 2018-19
The results from the 10th anniversary edition of the World Quality Report are conclusive: 99% of respondents are now using DevOps practices in their organizations.
It appears the focus is no longer on whether to move to DevOps; rather on how to refine their DevOps approach and improve continuously.
World Quality Report 2018-19 Findings:
- Customer satisfaction is front and center – Participants in the WQR reported that ‘Ensure user satisfaction’ is at the top of their QA and testing strategy. This would have been unthinkable ten years ago. But with customer-centered innovation driving digital transformations and the adoption of agile, DevOps, and a move to the Cloud, it is also resetting the expectations for testing.
- Challenges with test environments are holding back quality assurance and software testing efficiencies. A problem further exasperated by industry trends like reduced test cycles and releasing more regularly.
- The skills required for quality assurance and software testing have changed. Adoption of agile and DevOps, as well as technologies such as AI, Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain, all require specific technical expertise, and teams must be prepared to acquire these new skills, whether by training their existing team members, or hiring specialists into the team.
Key Test Environment Insights
Test Environments continues to be a problem for most.
Key Test Environment Challenges Identified in the report include:
- 54% Cost of test environments
- 54% Defects due to test environment misconfiguration
- 38% Lack of test environment booking facilities
- 37% Having to maintain multiple test environment versions
- 34% Lack of visibility on what can’t be tested due to environments
- 31% Lack of right environments being made available on time
Page 36 Test Data & Environments Management.
Use Enov8 to Innovate your Test Environment Management
Enov8 provides a complete platform for addressing organisations “Test Environment” challenges through “Enterprise IT Intelligence”. Providing advanced “out of the box” IT & Test Environment Management, Release Management and Holistic Data Management capabilities.
Niall is the Co-Founder and CIO of Enov8. He has 25 years of experience working across the IT industry from Software Engineering, Architecture, IT & Test Environment Management and Executive Leadership. Niall has worked with, and advised, many global organisations covering verticals like Banking, Defence, Telecom and Information Technology Services.
18 SEPTEMBER 2020 by Arnab Chowdhury Every aspect of our daily lives involves the usage of data. Be it our social media, banking account, or even while using an e-commerce site, we use data everywhere. This data may range from our names and contact information to our...
09 SEPTEMBER, 2020 by Michiel Mulders Do you want your company to scale efficiently? Look for an enterprise release manager (ERM). An ERM protects and manages the movements of releases in multiple environments. This includes build, test, and production environments....
04 AUGUST, 2020 by Michiel Mulders According to the 2019 IBM Data Breach report, the average data breach in 2019 cost 3.92 million USD. Businesses in certain industries, such as healthcare, suffer more substantial losses—6.45 million USD on average. As the amount of...
13 JULY, 2020 by Eric Boersma Every project manager in the world shares a similar stress. They’re working on something important, and a key stakeholder sticks their head around the corner. They ask a small, innocent question. “When are we going to release that...
01 JULY, 2020 by Diego Gavilanes Ever since the dawn of time, test environments have been left for the end, which is a headache for the testing team. They might be ready to start testing but can’t because there’s no test environment. And often, the department in...
29 JUNE, 2020 by Carlos Schults In today’s post, we’ll discuss data literacy and its relevance in the context of GDPR. We start by defining data literacy and giving a brief overview of GDPR. Then we proceed to explain some of the challenges organizations might face...