World Quality Report 2018-19
The results from the 10th anniversary edition of the World Quality Report are conclusive: 99% of respondents are now using DevOps practices in their organizations.
It appears the focus is no longer on whether to move to DevOps; rather on how to refine their DevOps approach and improve continuously.
World Quality Report 2018-19 Findings:
- Customer satisfaction is front and center – Participants in the WQR reported that ‘Ensure user satisfaction’ is at the top of their QA and testing strategy. This would have been unthinkable ten years ago. But with customer-centered innovation driving digital transformations and the adoption of agile, DevOps, and a move to the Cloud, it is also resetting the expectations for testing.
- Challenges with test environments are holding back quality assurance and software testing efficiencies. A problem further exasperated by industry trends like reduced test cycles and releasing more regularly.
- The skills required for quality assurance and software testing have changed. Adoption of agile and DevOps, as well as technologies such as AI, Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain, all require specific technical expertise, and teams must be prepared to acquire these new skills, whether by training their existing team members, or hiring specialists into the team.
Key Test Environment Insights
Test Environments continues to be a problem for most.
Key Test Environment Challenges Identified in the report include:
- 54% Cost of test environments
- 54% Defects due to test environment misconfiguration
- 38% Lack of test environment booking facilities
- 37% Having to maintain multiple test environment versions
- 34% Lack of visibility on what can’t be tested due to environments
- 31% Lack of right environments being made available on time
Page 36 Test Data & Environments Management.
Use Enov8 to Innovate your Test Environment Management
Enov8 provides a complete platform for addressing organisations “Test Environment” challenges through “Enterprise IT Intelligence”. Providing advanced “out of the box” IT & Test Environment Management, Release Management and Holistic Data Management capabilities.
02NOVEMBER, 2022 by Sylvia Froncza Original March 11 2019An IT and Test Environment Perspective Traditionally, test environments have been difficult to manage. For one, data exists in unpredictable or unknown states. Additionally, various applications and services...
01NOVEMBER, 2022 by Justin Reynolds.Businesses across the board are spinning their tires when it comes to data and analytics, with many of them failing to unlock maximum value from their investments. According to one study, 89% of companies face challenges around how...
02NOVEMBER, 2022 by Eric Boersma *Original 22 October 2019If you're like a lot of developers, you might not think much about software security. Sure, you hash your users' passwords before they're stored in your database. You don't return sensitive information in error...
14 OCTOBER 2022 by Daniel de OliveiraIn today’s application-based world, companies are releasing more applications than ever before. Software delivery life cycles are becoming more complicated. As a result, large companies require hundreds and even thousands of test...
01NOVEMBER, 2022 by EricStaging Server Success: The Essential Guide To Setup and Use Release issues happen. Maybe it's a new regression you didn't catch in QA. Sometimes it's a failed deploy. Or, it might even be an unexpected hardware conflict. How do you catch...
19 NOVEMBER, 2020 by Michiel Mulders What Makes a Good Test Data Manager? Have you implemented test data management at your organization? It will surely benefit you if your organization processes critical or sensitive business data. The importance of test data is...