World Quality Report 2018-19
The results from the 10th anniversary edition of the World Quality Report are conclusive: 99% of respondents are now using DevOps practices in their organizations.
It appears the focus is no longer on whether to move to DevOps; rather on how to refine their DevOps approach and improve continuously.
World Quality Report 2018-19 Findings:
- Customer satisfaction is front and center – Participants in the WQR reported that ‘Ensure user satisfaction’ is at the top of their QA and testing strategy. This would have been unthinkable ten years ago. But with customer-centered innovation driving digital transformations and the adoption of agile, DevOps, and a move to the Cloud, it is also resetting the expectations for testing.
- Challenges with test environments are holding back quality assurance and software testing efficiencies. A problem further exasperated by industry trends like reduced test cycles and releasing more regularly.
- The skills required for quality assurance and software testing have changed. Adoption of agile and DevOps, as well as technologies such as AI, Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain, all require specific technical expertise, and teams must be prepared to acquire these new skills, whether by training their existing team members, or hiring specialists into the team.
Key Test Environment Insights
Test Environments continues to be a problem for most.
Key Test Environment Challenges Identified in the report include:
- 54% Cost of test environments
- 54% Defects due to test environment misconfiguration
- 38% Lack of test environment booking facilities
- 37% Having to maintain multiple test environment versions
- 34% Lack of visibility on what can’t be tested due to environments
- 31% Lack of right environments being made available on time
Page 36 Test Data & Environments Management.
Use Enov8 to Innovate your Test Environment Management
Enov8 provides a complete platform for addressing organisations “Test Environment” challenges through “Enterprise IT Intelligence”. Providing advanced “out of the box” IT & Test Environment Management, Release Management and Holistic Data Management capabilities.
03JUNE, 2022 by Niall Crawford & Carlos "Kami" Maldonado. Modified by Eric Goebelbecker.DevOps at scale is what we call the process of implementing DevOps culture at big, structured companies. Although the DevOps term was back in 2009, most organizations still...
Test Environment Management Explained3JUNE, 2022 by Erik Dietrich, Ukpai Ugochi, and Jane Temov. Modified by Eric GoebelbeckerMost companies spend between 45%-55% of their IT budget on non-production activities like Training, Development & Testing and lose 20-40%...
3JUNE, 2022 by Eric GoebelbeckerWhat Is Serverless Computing? Serverless computing is a cloud architecture where you don’t have to worry about buying, building, provisioning, or maintaining servers. In return for structuring your code around their APIs, your cloud...
25MAY, 2022 by Niall Crawford & Justin Reynolds. Modified by Eric Goebelbecker.So, you’ve decided to implement a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and promote a continuous delivery pipeline by implementing “Agile Release Trains” (ART)*. Definition: An Agile Release...
24MAY, 2022 by Michiel Mulders. Modified by Eric Goebelbecker.With the cost of data breaches increasing every year, there’s a need for higher security standards. According to IBM’s 2021 security report, the average total cost of a data breach has risen to $4.24...
24MAY, 2022 by Keshav MalikWith the rise of agile development methodologies, the need to quickly test new features is more critical than ever. This is especially true for websites and applications that rely on real-time data and interaction. The only way to ensure...