World Quality Report 2018-19
The results from the 10th anniversary edition of the World Quality Report are conclusive: 99% of respondents are now using DevOps practices in their organizations.
It appears the focus is no longer on whether to move to DevOps; rather on how to refine their DevOps approach and improve continuously.
World Quality Report 2018-19 Findings:
- Customer satisfaction is front and center – Participants in the WQR reported that ‘Ensure user satisfaction’ is at the top of their QA and testing strategy. This would have been unthinkable ten years ago. But with customer-centered innovation driving digital transformations and the adoption of agile, DevOps, and a move to the Cloud, it is also resetting the expectations for testing.
- Challenges with test environments are holding back quality assurance and software testing efficiencies. A problem further exasperated by industry trends like reduced test cycles and releasing more regularly.
- The skills required for quality assurance and software testing have changed. Adoption of agile and DevOps, as well as technologies such as AI, Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain, all require specific technical expertise, and teams must be prepared to acquire these new skills, whether by training their existing team members, or hiring specialists into the team.
Key Test Environment Insights
Test Environments continues to be a problem for most.
Key Test Environment Challenges Identified in the report include:
- 54% Cost of test environments
- 54% Defects due to test environment misconfiguration
- 38% Lack of test environment booking facilities
- 37% Having to maintain multiple test environment versions
- 34% Lack of visibility on what can’t be tested due to environments
- 31% Lack of right environments being made available on time
Page 36 Test Data & Environments Management.
Use Enov8 to Innovate your Test Environment Management
Enov8 provides a complete platform for addressing organisations “Test Environment” challenges through “Enterprise IT Intelligence”. Providing advanced “out of the box” IT & Test Environment Management, Release Management and Holistic Data Management capabilities.
16September, 2021 by Carlos SchultsLet me start with a question: as a leader in tech, are you satisfied with the budget you have? If I had to guess, I'd say the answer is no. Because of that, calculating the return on investment of the many activities in software...
14AUGUST, 2021 by Ukpai UgochiIt is the goal of every software engineer and software development firm to continuously ship products to end users. This can only be achieved through software deployment. In this post, we'll explore deployment and deployment planning,...
09SEPTEMBER, 2021 by Eric GoebelbeckerLet’s talk about container essentials. Over the past few years, containers have transitioned from the hottest new trend to essential IT architecture. But are they are good fit for you? Are you wondering whether or not you’re using...
05AUGUST, 2021 by Alexander FridmanIn the beginning there was nothing. Then there was the monolith, though we used to simply call monoliths "software." Today we have two rival architectural types: monoliths and microservices. This post will explain what monoliths and...
15JULY, 2021 by Justin ReynoldsCompanies go to great lengths to protect their physical environments, using deterrents like locks, fences, and cameras to ward off intruders. Yet this same logic doesn’t always translate to digital security. Corporate networks — which...
06JULY, 2021 by Justin ReynoldsCompanies today face increasing challenges around reducing the time and cost of software development. Many are thus using DevOps methodologies, which combine software development and IT operations to achieve continuous delivery and...