What is Enterprise IT Intelligence?
Business Intelligence for your IT OrganizationAn umbrella platform which allows you to capture “holistic” real-time information across your IT Landscape (Environments, Data, Releases & Operations) with the intent of streamlined analysis, end-to-end insight, improved decision making and ultimately leading to better operations, orchestration and continual optimization.
So, what is Enterprise IT Intelligence?Well like its overarching parent, Business Intelligence, “Enterprise IT Intelligence” is fundamentally the embracement of certain activities and the capture of key information that supports the management of your IT Delivery Lifecycle and your IT Solutions.Key Activities:
- Information Discovery
- Information Aggregation (Mapping / Relating Data)
- Reporting & Dashboarding (Historical & Real-Time)
- Event Alerting & Notification
- Information Consolidation i.e. Grouping e.g. By Team or System or Function
- Measurement e.g. Key Performance Indicators
- Prioritize (Identify Best Opportunities)
- Optimize (Collaboration / Act Upon the Data)
- Ensure commitment from senior stakeholders e.g. CIO, CFO & IT Executive Managers
- Identify benefits of implementing such a solution. Think Cost, Agility, Stability & Quality.
- Understand where valuable information resides and understand data gaps.
Key InformationThe following is a selection of information that you might want to consider as part of implementing an Enterprise IT Intelligence solution:Your Data “Information Points”
- Think Data-Sources, Databases, Grids, Structure, Content, PII Risks & Relationships
- Think People e.g. Data Subject Matter Experts, DBAs & Data Scientists
- Think Data Delivery Operations like ETL, Fabrication & Security Masking
- Think Lifecycle Lanes, Systems, Instances, Components, Interfaces & Relationships
- Think People e.g. Ent/Solution Architects, System Owners & Application Developers
- Think Application Delivery Operations like Design, Build, Release & Test
- Think Servers, Clusters (Swarms), Cloud & Network (Firewalls, Router & Load Balancers).
- Think People e.g. Infrastructure, Network & Cloud Architects & Engineers Think Infrastructure Delivery Operations like Provision, Configure & Decommission
- Project/Release Planning, Collaboration, Architecture Tools, Configuration Management, Version Control, Application Build, Continuous Integration, Packaging, Deployment, Infrastructure as Code, Data Integration/ETL, Test Management, Test Automation, Issue Tracking, IT Service Management, Logging & Monitoring.
Benefits of Enterprise IT IntelligenceThe potential benefits of an Enterprise IT Intelligence platform include spotting problems early, trend behavioural analysis, accelerating and improving decision-making, optimizing internal IT processes, increasing operational efficiency (being agile at scale), driving IT cost optimization and gaining competitive advantage over your competition by providing better service and delivering solutions quicker.
Learn MoreIf you want to learn more about implementing Enterprise IT Intelligence then speak to enov8 about our Ecosystem Solution. Enov8 EcoSystem is a complete platform that takes information from across the IT Spectrum and helps you better understand and manage your IT Fabric (Applications, Data, & Infrastructure), IT Operations & and Orchestrate them effectively.
20DECEMBER, 2021 by Justin Reynolds.How to Manage Test Data in Software Testing. To compete in today’s market, software companies need to create programs that are free of bugs and vulnerabilities. In order to accomplish this, they first need to create test data...
09DECEMBER, 2021 by Justin Reynolds.When it comes down to it, test data is one of the most important components of software development. That’s because test data makes it possible to create applications that align with the exact needs and expectations of today’s...
06DECEMBER, 2021 by Carlos Schults.Today we're here to talk about data regulations and data compliance solutions. Why does all of this matter? HIPAA, GDPR & PCI what is the difference? When it comes to online applications, protecting your users' data is one of...
29NOVEMBER, 2021 by Justin ReynoldsCompanies today are collecting more data than ever and using analytics to influence everything from sales and marketing to research and development. In fact, data is now one of the most valuable assets that a company can own. Yet...
24NOVEMBER, 2021 by Daniel PaesEnhancements on data ingestion made evident the amount of data lost when generating insights. However, without guidance from methodologies like The DataOps Manifesto, some companies are still struggling to blend data pipelines from...
19NOVEMBER, 2021 by Justin ReynoldsOrganizations today are using more data than ever before. Indeed, data is playing a critical role in decision-making for everything from sales and marketing to the production and development of new products and services. There’s no...