What is Enterprise IT Intelligence?
Business Intelligence for your IT OrganizationAn umbrella platform which allows you to capture “holistic” real-time information across your IT Landscape (Environments, Data, Releases & Operations) with the intent of streamlined analysis, end-to-end insight, improved decision making and ultimately leading to better operations, orchestration and continual optimization.
So, what is Enterprise IT Intelligence?Well like its overarching parent, Business Intelligence, “Enterprise IT Intelligence” is fundamentally the embracement of certain activities and the capture of key information that supports the management of your IT Delivery Lifecycle and your IT Solutions. Key Activities:
- Information Discovery
- Information Aggregation (Mapping / Relating Data)
- Reporting & Dashboarding (Historical & Real-Time)
- Event Alerting & Notification
- Information Consolidation i.e. Grouping e.g. By Team or System or Function
- Measurement e.g. Key Performance Indicators
- Prioritize (Identify Best Opportunities)
- Optimize (Collaboration / Act Upon the Data)
- Ensure commitment from senior stakeholders e.g. CIO, CFO & IT Executive Managers
- Identify benefits of implementing such a solution. Think Cost, Agility, Stability & Quality.
- Understand where valuable information resides and understand data gaps.
Key InformationThe following is a selection of information that you might want to consider as part of implementing an Enterprise IT Intelligence solution: Your Data “Information Points”
- Think Data-Sources, Databases, Grids, Structure, Content, PII Risks & Relationships
- Think People e.g. Data Subject Matter Experts, DBAs & Data Scientists
- Think Data Delivery Operations like ETL, Fabrication & Security Masking
- Think Lifecycle Lanes, Systems, Instances, Components, Interfaces & Relationships
- Think People e.g. Ent/Solution Architects, System Owners & Application Developers
- Think Application Delivery Operations like Design, Build, Release & Test
- Think Servers, Clusters (Swarms), Cloud & Network (Firewalls, Router & Load Balancers).
- Think People e.g. Infrastructure, Network & Cloud Architects & Engineers Think Infrastructure Delivery Operations like Provision, Configure & Decommission
- Project/Release Planning, Collaboration, Architecture Tools, Configuration Management, Version Control, Application Build, Continuous Integration, Packaging, Deployment, Infrastructure as Code, Data Integration/ETL, Test Management, Test Automation, Issue Tracking, IT Service Management, Logging & Monitoring.
Benefits of Enterprise IT IntelligenceThe potential benefits of an Enterprise IT Intelligence platform include spotting problems early, trend behavioural analysis, accelerating and improving decision-making, optimizing internal IT processes, increasing operational efficiency (being agile at scale), driving IT cost optimization and gaining competitive advantage over your competition by providing better service and delivering solutions quicker.
Learn MoreIf you want to learn more about implementing Enterprise IT Intelligence then speak to enov8 about our Ecosystem Solution. Enov8 EcoSystem is a complete platform that takes information from across the IT Spectrum and helps you better understand and manage your IT Fabric (Applications, Data, & Infrastructure), IT Operations & and Orchestrate them effectively.
02NOVEMBER, 2022 by Sylvia Froncza Original March 11 2019An IT and Test Environment Perspective Traditionally, test environments have been difficult to manage. For one, data exists in unpredictable or unknown states. Additionally, various applications and services...
01NOVEMBER, 2022 by Justin Reynolds.Businesses across the board are spinning their tires when it comes to data and analytics, with many of them failing to unlock maximum value from their investments. According to one study, 89% of companies face challenges around how...
02NOVEMBER, 2022 by Eric Boersma *Original 22 October 2019If you're like a lot of developers, you might not think much about software security. Sure, you hash your users' passwords before they're stored in your database. You don't return sensitive information in error...
14 OCTOBER 2022 by Daniel de OliveiraIn today’s application-based world, companies are releasing more applications than ever before. Software delivery life cycles are becoming more complicated. As a result, large companies require hundreds and even thousands of test...
01NOVEMBER, 2022 by EricStaging Server Success: The Essential Guide To Setup and Use Release issues happen. Maybe it's a new regression you didn't catch in QA. Sometimes it's a failed deploy. Or, it might even be an unexpected hardware conflict. How do you catch...
19 NOVEMBER, 2020 by Michiel Mulders What Makes a Good Test Data Manager? Have you implemented test data management at your organization? It will surely benefit you if your organization processes critical or sensitive business data. The importance of test data is...