What is Enterprise IT Intelligence?
Business Intelligence for your IT OrganizationAn umbrella platform which allows you to capture “holistic” real-time information across your IT Landscape (Environments, Data, Releases & Operations) with the intent of streamlined analysis, end-to-end insight, improved decision making and ultimately leading to better operations, orchestration and continual optimization.
So, what is Enterprise IT Intelligence?Well like its overarching parent, Business Intelligence, “Enterprise IT Intelligence” is fundamentally the embracement of certain activities and the capture of key information that supports the management of your IT Delivery Lifecycle and your IT Solutions.Key Activities:
- Information Discovery
- Information Aggregation (Mapping / Relating Data)
- Reporting & Dashboarding (Historical & Real-Time)
- Event Alerting & Notification
- Information Consolidation i.e. Grouping e.g. By Team or System or Function
- Measurement e.g. Key Performance Indicators
- Prioritize (Identify Best Opportunities)
- Optimize (Collaboration / Act Upon the Data)
- Ensure commitment from senior stakeholders e.g. CIO, CFO & IT Executive Managers
- Identify benefits of implementing such a solution. Think Cost, Agility, Stability & Quality.
- Understand where valuable information resides and understand data gaps.
Key InformationThe following is a selection of information that you might want to consider as part of implementing an Enterprise IT Intelligence solution:Your Data “Information Points”
- Think Data-Sources, Databases, Grids, Structure, Content, PII Risks & Relationships
- Think People e.g. Data Subject Matter Experts, DBAs & Data Scientists
- Think Data Delivery Operations like ETL, Fabrication & Security Masking
- Think Lifecycle Lanes, Systems, Instances, Components, Interfaces & Relationships
- Think People e.g. Ent/Solution Architects, System Owners & Application Developers
- Think Application Delivery Operations like Design, Build, Release & Test
- Think Servers, Clusters (Swarms), Cloud & Network (Firewalls, Router & Load Balancers).
- Think People e.g. Infrastructure, Network & Cloud Architects & Engineers Think Infrastructure Delivery Operations like Provision, Configure & Decommission
- Project/Release Planning, Collaboration, Architecture Tools, Configuration Management, Version Control, Application Build, Continuous Integration, Packaging, Deployment, Infrastructure as Code, Data Integration/ETL, Test Management, Test Automation, Issue Tracking, IT Service Management, Logging & Monitoring.
Benefits of Enterprise IT IntelligenceThe potential benefits of an Enterprise IT Intelligence platform include spotting problems early, trend behavioural analysis, accelerating and improving decision-making, optimizing internal IT processes, increasing operational efficiency (being agile at scale), driving IT cost optimization and gaining competitive advantage over your competition by providing better service and delivering solutions quicker.
Learn MoreIf you want to learn more about implementing Enterprise IT Intelligence then speak to enov8 about our Ecosystem Solution. Enov8 EcoSystem is a complete platform that takes information from across the IT Spectrum and helps you better understand and manage your IT Fabric (Applications, Data, & Infrastructure), IT Operations & and Orchestrate them effectively.
16September, 2021 by Carlos SchultsLet me start with a question: as a leader in tech, are you satisfied with the budget you have? If I had to guess, I'd say the answer is no. Because of that, calculating the return on investment of the many activities in software...
14AUGUST, 2021 by Ukpai UgochiIt is the goal of every software engineer and software development firm to continuously ship products to end users. This can only be achieved through software deployment. In this post, we'll explore deployment and deployment planning,...
09SEPTEMBER, 2021 by Eric GoebelbeckerLet’s talk about container essentials. Over the past few years, containers have transitioned from the hottest new trend to essential IT architecture. But are they are good fit for you? Are you wondering whether or not you’re using...
05AUGUST, 2021 by Alexander FridmanIn the beginning there was nothing. Then there was the monolith, though we used to simply call monoliths "software." Today we have two rival architectural types: monoliths and microservices. This post will explain what monoliths and...
15JULY, 2021 by Justin ReynoldsCompanies go to great lengths to protect their physical environments, using deterrents like locks, fences, and cameras to ward off intruders. Yet this same logic doesn’t always translate to digital security. Corporate networks — which...
06JULY, 2021 by Justin ReynoldsCompanies today face increasing challenges around reducing the time and cost of software development. Many are thus using DevOps methodologies, which combine software development and IT operations to achieve continuous delivery and...