2018 Test Environment Management–World Quality Report -enov8
WQR RecapThis year’s world quality report (2018) has once again identified Test Environment Management as a major challenge for Agile Development & Testing. Key statistical insights from this report, which covered over 1600 organizations, included the following:
- 38% of respondents identified “defects due to test environments being incorrectly configured”
- 40% of respondents identified “difficulty in managing multiple versions of test environments”
- 41% of respondents identified “lack of facilities for managing & booking test environments”
- 46% of respondents identified “non-fit-for purpose test environments (& data)” to be biggest challenge facing Agile Development
- 47% of respondents identified “poor visibility of test environment availability”
- 48% of respondents identified “an inability to effectively manage excess Test Environments demand”
Our OpinionThis set of results, like previous years, suggests organizations are still heavily constrained by using “agricultural” (or at very least non-integratable) Environment Management methods & tools that can’t easily scale to the agile needs of today’s digitally dependent enterprises and are most likely repeating many of the other classical environment mistakes (Ref: Test Environment Management anti-patterns), for example:
- Death by spreadsheet or email
- Deployment “Heroics”,
- Uncontrolled IT change,
- Manual unrepeatable operations &
- Generally, just a lack of insight.
The Answer to Test Environment IssuesAt enov8 we believe all the challenges identified in this year’s World Quality Report can be directly addressed by adopting an “Enterprise IT Intelligence” platform like enov8 EcoSystem. An extensible “IT Transparency & Governance” solution which includes powerful features to better command and control your Environment and Release Operations.A framework that supports your ability to:
- Model & Visualise their IT & Test Environments & IT Releases
- Standardise & Automate Applications, Data & Server Operations
- Streamline Project delivery through system disruption avoidance
- Better control IT costs through better control of infrastructure, licensing & services and
- Bring all the information together (enterprise IT intelligence) for effective analysis and decision making.
Innovate with Enov8If you are interested in learning more about IT & Test Environment Management and IT Release Management, contact us about EcoSystem.Enov8 EcoSystem is the worlds leading IT Enterprise Intelligence platform.Ecosystem is a fully configurable and easily integratable solution that comes with out of the box “enterprise management” functions that support IT & Test Environment Management, Release Management, IT Operations Management, Configuration Management & Service Management.
20DECEMBER, 2021 by Justin Reynolds.How to Manage Test Data in Software Testing. To compete in today’s market, software companies need to create programs that are free of bugs and vulnerabilities. In order to accomplish this, they first need to create test data...
09DECEMBER, 2021 by Justin Reynolds.When it comes down to it, test data is one of the most important components of software development. That’s because test data makes it possible to create applications that align with the exact needs and expectations of today’s...
06DECEMBER, 2021 by Carlos Schults.Today we're here to talk about data regulations and data compliance solutions. Why does all of this matter? HIPAA, GDPR & PCI what is the difference? When it comes to online applications, protecting your users' data is one of...
29NOVEMBER, 2021 by Justin ReynoldsCompanies today are collecting more data than ever and using analytics to influence everything from sales and marketing to research and development. In fact, data is now one of the most valuable assets that a company can own. Yet...
24NOVEMBER, 2021 by Daniel PaesEnhancements on data ingestion made evident the amount of data lost when generating insights. However, without guidance from methodologies like The DataOps Manifesto, some companies are still struggling to blend data pipelines from...
19NOVEMBER, 2021 by Justin ReynoldsOrganizations today are using more data than ever before. Indeed, data is playing a critical role in decision-making for everything from sales and marketing to the production and development of new products and services. There’s no...