Automating the Automation | No Code ‘Environment Synthetics’
The Cost of Manually Testing your Environment Health
- I need to test each test system (maybe production) every morning.
- I have 100 systems (each with 5 instances), that is 500 test system instances.
- The average manpower of testing each instance is 15m.
- Daily cost = 15m/60 (hour) x 500 x $100 (hourly charge rate) = $12,500 per day.
- Annual cost of manually testing health of our Test Environments
ROI of Building a Test Automation Synthetics Framework
- 500 Scripts
- Time to build each script originally is 16 hours (inc analysis, design, build & test).
- Estimated maintenance & execution of script 16 hours pa.
- Annual Cost of Automated Testing
- ROI (compared to Manual) = 1.6M (Year1) and 2.4M (Year2+)
Pitfalls of Test AutomationHowever, there are pitfalls with this approach,
- There is the cost of the tools (often expensive).
- The likelihood of resources (SMEs) being more expensive.
- The ongoing need to coordinate, build, maintain, and execute the artefacts (refer above).
- The reality that mileage so often varies due to the quality and efficiency of the resources involved.
Enter Enov8Enov8 is pleased to announce its latest environment management ‘innovation’ with the introduction of:
- No Code Lean Synthetics. A perfect and immediate complement to organizations existing test environment health techniques.
- Determine the health of your test systems using ‘silver thread’ transactions.
- Analyze the underlying component services.
ROI of Enov8 “No Code Lean Synthetics” Framework
- Time to build each script originally is 30m (inc analysis, design, build & test).
- Estimated maintenance and execution of script 30m pa.
- Annual cost of Lean Synthetics: 500 x 1-hour x $100 (hourly charge rate) = $50K Year-1 ($25K Y2 onward).
- ROI (compared to Manual health checks) = 2.95M (Year1) and 2.975M (Year2+) A significant ROI would also be found if we were comparing it to a test automation framework.
- ROI (compared to test automation health checks) = 1.55M (Year1) and 775K (Year2+) Enov8 Lean Synthetics is now available to Enov8 Environment Manager customers.
Innovate with Enov8If you are interested in learning more about IT & Test Environment Management and IT Release Management, contact us about EcoSystem. Enov8 EcoSystem is the worlds leading IT Enterprise Intelligence platform. Ecosystem is a fully configurable and easily integratable solution that comes with out of the box “enterprise management” functions that support IT & Test Environment Management, Release Management, Data Management, IT Operations Management, Configuration Management & Service Management.
02NOVEMBER, 2022 by Sylvia Froncza Original March 11 2019An IT and Test Environment Perspective Traditionally, test environments have been difficult to manage. For one, data exists in unpredictable or unknown states. Additionally, various applications and services...
01NOVEMBER, 2022 by Justin Reynolds.Businesses across the board are spinning their tires when it comes to data and analytics, with many of them failing to unlock maximum value from their investments. According to one study, 89% of companies face challenges around how...
02NOVEMBER, 2022 by Eric Boersma *Original 22 October 2019If you're like a lot of developers, you might not think much about software security. Sure, you hash your users' passwords before they're stored in your database. You don't return sensitive information in error...
14 OCTOBER 2022 by Daniel de OliveiraIn today’s application-based world, companies are releasing more applications than ever before. Software delivery life cycles are becoming more complicated. As a result, large companies require hundreds and even thousands of test...
01NOVEMBER, 2022 by EricStaging Server Success: The Essential Guide To Setup and Use Release issues happen. Maybe it's a new regression you didn't catch in QA. Sometimes it's a failed deploy. Or, it might even be an unexpected hardware conflict. How do you catch...
19 NOVEMBER, 2020 by Michiel Mulders What Makes a Good Test Data Manager? Have you implemented test data management at your organization? It will surely benefit you if your organization processes critical or sensitive business data. The importance of test data is...