Automating the Automation | No Code ‘Environment Synthetics’
The Cost of Manually Testing your Environment Health
- I need to test each test system (maybe production) every morning.
- I have 100 systems (each with 5 instances), that is 500 test system instances.
- The average manpower of testing each instance is 15m.
- Daily cost = 15m/60 (hour) x 500 x $100 (hourly charge rate) = $12,500 per day.
- Annual cost of manually testing health of our Test Environments
ROI of Building a Test Automation Synthetics Framework
- 500 Scripts
- Time to build each script originally is 16 hours (inc analysis, design, build & test).
- Estimated maintenance & execution of script 16 hours pa.
- Annual Cost of Automated Testing
- ROI (compared to Manual) = 1.6M (Year1) and 2.4M (Year2+)
Pitfalls of Test AutomationHowever, there are pitfalls with this approach,
- There is the cost of the tools (often expensive).
- The likelihood of resources (SMEs) being more expensive.
- The ongoing need to coordinate, build, maintain, and execute the artefacts (refer above).
- The reality that mileage so often varies due to the quality and efficiency of the resources involved.
Enter Enov8Enov8 is pleased to announce its latest environment management ‘innovation’ with the introduction of:
- No Code Lean Synthetics. A perfect and immediate complement to organizations existing test environment health techniques.
- Determine the health of your test systems using ‘silver thread’ transactions.
- Analyze the underlying component services.
ROI of Enov8 “No Code Lean Synthetics” Framework
- Time to build each script originally is 30m (inc analysis, design, build & test).
- Estimated maintenance and execution of script 30m pa.
- Annual cost of Lean Synthetics: 500 x 1-hour x $100 (hourly charge rate) = $50K Year-1 ($25K Y2 onward).
- ROI (compared to Manual health checks) = 2.95M (Year1) and 2.975M (Year2+) A significant ROI would also be found if we were comparing it to a test automation framework.
- ROI (compared to test automation health checks) = 1.55M (Year1) and 775K (Year2+) Enov8 Lean Synthetics is now available to Enov8 Environment Manager customers.
Innovate with Enov8If you are interested in learning more about IT & Test Environment Management and IT Release Management, contact us about EcoSystem. Enov8 EcoSystem is the worlds leading IT Enterprise Intelligence platform. Ecosystem is a fully configurable and easily integratable solution that comes with out of the box “enterprise management” functions that support IT & Test Environment Management, Release Management, Data Management, IT Operations Management, Configuration Management & Service Management.
03JUNE, 2022 by Niall Crawford & Carlos "Kami" Maldonado. Modified by Eric Goebelbecker.DevOps at scale is what we call the process of implementing DevOps culture at big, structured companies. Although the DevOps term was back in 2009, most organizations still...
Test Environment Management Explained3JUNE, 2022 by Erik Dietrich, Ukpai Ugochi, and Jane Temov. Modified by Eric GoebelbeckerMost companies spend between 45%-55% of their IT budget on non-production activities like Training, Development & Testing and lose 20-40%...
3JUNE, 2022 by Eric GoebelbeckerWhat Is Serverless Computing? Serverless computing is a cloud architecture where you don’t have to worry about buying, building, provisioning, or maintaining servers. In return for structuring your code around their APIs, your cloud...
25MAY, 2022 by Niall Crawford & Justin Reynolds. Modified by Eric Goebelbecker.So, you’ve decided to implement a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and promote a continuous delivery pipeline by implementing “Agile Release Trains” (ART)*. Definition: An Agile Release...
24MAY, 2022 by Michiel Mulders. Modified by Eric Goebelbecker.With the cost of data breaches increasing every year, there’s a need for higher security standards. According to IBM’s 2021 security report, the average total cost of a data breach has risen to $4.24...
24MAY, 2022 by Keshav MalikWith the rise of agile development methodologies, the need to quickly test new features is more critical than ever. This is especially true for websites and applications that rely on real-time data and interaction. The only way to ensure...