Automating the Automation | No Code ‘Environment Synthetics’
The Cost of Manually Testing your Environment Health
- I need to test each test system (maybe production) every morning.
- I have 100 systems (each with 5 instances), that is 500 test system instances.
- The average manpower of testing each instance is 15m.
- Daily cost = 15m/60 (hour) x 500 x $100 (hourly charge rate) = $12,500 per day.
- Annual cost of manually testing health of our Test Environments
ROI of Building a Test Automation Synthetics Framework
- 500 Scripts
- Time to build each script originally is 16 hours (inc analysis, design, build & test).
- Estimated maintenance & execution of script 16 hours pa.
- Annual Cost of Automated Testing
- ROI (compared to Manual) = 1.6M (Year1) and 2.4M (Year2+)
Pitfalls of Test AutomationHowever, there are pitfalls with this approach,
- There is the cost of the tools (often expensive).
- The likelihood of resources (SMEs) being more expensive.
- The ongoing need to coordinate, build, maintain, and execute the artefacts (refer above).
- The reality that mileage so often varies due to the quality and efficiency of the resources involved.
Enter Enov8Enov8 is pleased to announce its latest environment management ‘innovation’ with the introduction of:
- No Code Lean Synthetics. A perfect and immediate complement to organizations existing test environment health techniques.
- Determine the health of your test systems using ‘silver thread’ transactions.
- Analyze the underlying component services.
ROI of Enov8 “No Code Lean Synthetics” Framework
- Time to build each script originally is 30m (inc analysis, design, build & test).
- Estimated maintenance and execution of script 30m pa.
- Annual cost of Lean Synthetics: 500 x 1-hour x $100 (hourly charge rate) = $50K Year-1 ($25K Y2 onward).
- ROI (compared to Manual health checks) = 2.95M (Year1) and 2.975M (Year2+) A significant ROI would also be found if we were comparing it to a test automation framework.
- ROI (compared to test automation health checks) = 1.55M (Year1) and 775K (Year2+) Enov8 Lean Synthetics is now available to Enov8 Environment Manager customers.
Innovate with Enov8If you are interested in learning more about IT & Test Environment Management and IT Release Management, contact us about EcoSystem.Enov8 EcoSystem is the worlds leading IT Enterprise Intelligence platform.Ecosystem is a fully configurable and easily integratable solution that comes with out of the box “enterprise management” functions that support IT & Test Environment Management, Release Management, Data Management, IT Operations Management, Configuration Management & Service Management.
16September, 2021 by Carlos SchultsLet me start with a question: as a leader in tech, are you satisfied with the budget you have? If I had to guess, I'd say the answer is no. Because of that, calculating the return on investment of the many activities in software...
14AUGUST, 2021 by Ukpai UgochiIt is the goal of every software engineer and software development firm to continuously ship products to end users. This can only be achieved through software deployment. In this post, we'll explore deployment and deployment planning,...
09SEPTEMBER, 2021 by Eric GoebelbeckerLet’s talk about container essentials. Over the past few years, containers have transitioned from the hottest new trend to essential IT architecture. But are they are good fit for you? Are you wondering whether or not you’re using...
05AUGUST, 2021 by Alexander FridmanIn the beginning there was nothing. Then there was the monolith, though we used to simply call monoliths "software." Today we have two rival architectural types: monoliths and microservices. This post will explain what monoliths and...
15JULY, 2021 by Justin ReynoldsCompanies go to great lengths to protect their physical environments, using deterrents like locks, fences, and cameras to ward off intruders. Yet this same logic doesn’t always translate to digital security. Corporate networks — which...
06JULY, 2021 by Justin ReynoldsCompanies today face increasing challenges around reducing the time and cost of software development. Many are thus using DevOps methodologies, which combine software development and IT operations to achieve continuous delivery and...