Are Your IT Environments?
Kent beck, the inventor of XP extreme programming, once wrote about the concept of “Smelly Code”.
Given IT Environments seem to be a significant challenge for so many organizations, it got us thinking:
What might “Smelly IT Environments” smell of?
In a nutshell, here is our top 8 list of things that indicate your IT & Test Environments smell like a Kipper.
- Use of spreadsheets to manage & track your Test Environments
- A CMDB that only ever focuses on the Infrastructure Components
- Too many Test Environment System Instances (causing overspend)
- Too few Test Environment System Instances (causing contention)
- Inability to identify current and future Test environment demand
- Lack of End to End Data Integrity
- Inconsistent & Slow IT Environment operations
- Manual information gathering & reporting
Learn more about implementing IT Environment Transparency & Governance with enov8.
12JUNE, 2018 by Christian Meléndez Let's get started by defining what DevOps is. I know, I know; there are tons of definitions. But the one I like most is from Gene Kim: DevOps is those set of cultural norms and technology practices that enable the fast flow of...
Whether your organization is starting an agile transformation now or is well on its way, there are always pitfalls. Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a big leap for most organizations. After all, even if some of your development teams…
The roles of governing Enterprise Release Management and the Deployment Management are complementary, yet involve various different functions (or sets of many hats)…
We have all heard of the term Business Intelligence (BI), coined in 1865 and described more recently by Gartner as “an umbrella term that includes the applications,…
10 MAY, 2018 by Niall Crawford Ever wondered how mature your IT & Test Environment Management practices are? Well here at Enov8, over the last few years, we have been building a model called the EMMi (the Environment Management Maturity Index) Originally...
The backbone of business today is digital, and every day we rely more and more on the IT services and infrastructures around us. However, when things go wrong…